Now that September is almost up, it’s officially time to pack away your embellished sandals and say goodbye to the Summer.
There’s something about Autumn that makes me feel all festive. Not only does it pave the way for the Christmas season, but with Halloween just around the corner, the colder months, for me, are for celebrating!
If you’re anything like me, then the new season brings on new obsessions. My current guilty pleasures are Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, faux fur bed throws and copious amounts of autumnal scented candles (Yankee Candle’s Gingerbread Maple is everything!).
To get in the mood, I’ve put together a list of my favourite makeup products for Autumn. I’m not one for sticking to seasonal colour themes, after all, if I want to rock a burgundy lip during a heatwave in July then I have every right to! However, Autumn generally calls for shades of rich chocolates, deep plums, bronzed metallics and delicious cranberries. Despite my aversion to rules, these shades are very complimentary to my skin tone so it’s only fair that I indulge!
Here are the products in my collection that I reach for when I’m getting in the mood for Autumn:-
1. MAC Cosmetics Eyshadow in Embark – A dark brown, matte finish shadow with subtle red undertones. I mostly use this in the crease or outer ‘v’ of my eyes for added dimension. In my opinion, you can rarely go wrong with a MAC eyeshadow and this shade is a staple; which can be used for various looks.
2. MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Diva – This is one of MAC’s most sought after lipsticks. The deep, burgundy hue compliments olive and tanned skin tones beautifully. Despite being a matte finish, the formula is creamy and comfortable to wear, especially in the colder months when lips tend to crack. If you’re looking for the perfect lipstick to help you transition into Autumn then Diva is the one for you.
3. Zoeva Rose Golden Palette – Zoeva is widley known for delivering high quality, yet affordable makeup brushes. However, when I first came across their eyeshadow palettes, I fell in love! The palettes are just as affordable as their brushes and at only £15.50 you definitely get your money’s worth. The Rose Golden Palette is by far my favourite, with 3 matte and 7 shimmering, coppery shades. The colours are gorgeous and perfect for that glamourous, yet natural look for Autumn.
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in So Hollywood – You all know that I’m a highlighter girl and just because the temperature has dropped, doesn’t mean that I will be giving up that glow! Described as being a filter for your skin, this illuminator will give you an ethereal glow. I’m loving this ‘true gold’ shade; which will work perfectly for the party season.
5. Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Bitter Bitch – Once Autumn hits, I tend to ditch the pastel blues and florescent pinks in favour of rich, dark shades. Despite having Chanel’s Black Satin in constant rotation on my nails, this colour allows me to change things up a bit whilst maintaining the look of vampy nails. The decadent, chocolatey-brown shade looks almost black, but the red undertones give it an interesting effect when you look at it up close. Can we also talk about the name?! For the utter fabulousness of this product, I will forever have a place for it on my vanity table!
6. Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in 78 – A simple cat eye with a bold, sultry lip is generally what I go for when Autumn/Winter comes around. Inglot’s gel eyeliner is somewhat of a cult product in the makeup world. The long-lasting formula is crease and smudge proof; which works perfectly under extreme weather conditions. Add a flick of black to your lids and pair with MAC’s Diva for a sexy, yet effortless look.
7. Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Envoutante – Loosely translated as ‘bewitching’, this deep, aubergine lippie is perfect for making a statement. Don’t be daunted by what you see in the tube. The colour payoff is sheer, allowing you to build the colour to your preferred intensity.
8. MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Cranberry – This frost finish shadow is a little bit red, a little bit pink and a little bit purple. The multi-tonal effect that this shadow gives, makes it perfect for a smokey eye look for Autumn. Although it’s sheer it’s easily build-able and is a must have for Autumn.
9. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in 7 – There’s something about Charlotte Tilbury’s products; which makes you feel like a Hollywood starlet. This new released foundation has so far ticked all the boxes for me. It gives you full coverage with a weightless feel; which makes it very comfortable to wear and considering the quality of the product, the price is comparable to any MAC foundation. The luxurious cream-like texture is perfect for my dry skin during the colder months.
10. Nars Blush in Seduction – I love pairing this blush with a bold lip. The colour is absolute perfection and looks as glamorous on the skin as it does in the packaging. The deep, wine coloured hue has a hint of shimmer; which encompasses the Autumnal theme perfectly. Be warned – the pigmentation is intense so it’s best to go in with a very light hand.
Comment below with your favourite beauty products for Autumn!